Friday, February 18, 2011

Second Impressions and First Adventures

Konzerthaus am Gendarmenmarkt - this is one of my favorite places in Berlin. A square from two hundred years ago, now renovated to house the Konzerthaus Berlin and two domes that serve as both churches and museums.



Berlinale- The Berlin Int'l Film festival is the highlight of February in Berlin. What's amazing is that everyone has a chance to go, as long as he/she is willing to stand 4 hours in line to buy tickets beforehand. I was lucky enough to go with my host mom, and we got to stand by the red carpet, but it was too cold to wait hours for Gerard Butler to walk by.
We watched a Chinese film called Under the Hawthorne Tree. The MC introducing the film in the theatre didn't know how to pronounce the name in Chinese. I was sitting in the third row (looking very Chinese), so she asked me to help her practice the pronounciation beforehand. The film was sad, heartwrenching, and well-made, though the plot was slightly cliche. I enjoyed it immensely, and my make up was running by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment